"If Psalm 1 is to be believed, we must not allow our children to stand, sit or walk with those who deny biblical truth and morality. Instead, we must place them in situations that will aid them in meditating on the law of the Lord 'day and night.' Surely this involves how and where they are to be educated." — Voddie T. Baucham Jr.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Focus

So here is my focus list for the first semester. I was thinking way too big to start out with. My husband helped me to simplify my list and to take it slow. Its better to have something small done well than to have big dreams that never get accomplished. This is something I need to muse on until I really get it. So here is ALL I'm starting out with.

1. Bible - The first seven days of creation
2. Math - Doman Math, quantity recognition, simple addition and subtraction
3. Writing - Learning to write her name and common words
4. Reading - Doman Method (since she is a visual learner)
5. Creativity - Art, music, dance and whatever else she finds interesting

Thats it. If I can be consistent the first semester with that, then I'll build and branch. I am going to do some life skills Montessori style. I'm not sure what all of this will look like in a lesson plan, but I do need a focus. I haven't forgotten all of my big dreams. They'll just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment