"If Psalm 1 is to be believed, we must not allow our children to stand, sit or walk with those who deny biblical truth and morality. Instead, we must place them in situations that will aid them in meditating on the law of the Lord 'day and night.' Surely this involves how and where they are to be educated." — Voddie T. Baucham Jr.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I did it!

I finally finished a project that I started before a year (or two) had past. I covered the chairs to the little table set I got at a yard sale. You can see the before pictures here. I really like how they turned out and every time I walk in the kitchen and see them I smile :)

I started with some pretty scrap booking paper.
Measured and cut to fit the seat of the chair.
 I cut the contact paper with about two extra inches on 
either end and 1/2 inch on the sides
Then I cut little notches out of each corner.
Peeled the back off of the contact paper and placed the SB paper face down with the corner of the paper touching the corner of the cut out notch. Then I folded the contact paper along the
side over the SB paper.
I put the paper down on the chair and pressed the 
contact paper down in the front and back.
I also put SB paper on the back of the chairs 
following the same steps.
You can see here how I folded the contact paper over the SB 
paper to create a little pocket. That way I can wipe it 
off with a wet towel without the paper getting wet. 
Pressed the contact paper over the top and bottom.
I think they look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment