"If Psalm 1 is to be believed, we must not allow our children to stand, sit or walk with those who deny biblical truth and morality. Instead, we must place them in situations that will aid them in meditating on the law of the Lord 'day and night.' Surely this involves how and where they are to be educated." — Voddie T. Baucham Jr.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Blanket Time

We started blanket time and sitting practice last week. James sits quietly on his blanket on the floor and Janelle sits quietly on the couch. So far its going quite well. I say that solely on the fact that we did it every day. One of the keys to my success was writing out a morning schedule. I put down blanket/sitting time right after breakfast clean up. We started with five minutes for last week. I set the timer and sat off to the side while James played and Janelle sat. It took James a few days to figure out the whole "stay on the blanket" thing. Today he still crawled off a couple of times, and I would place him back on the blanket and tap his little hand and say very sweetly "no no, it's blanket time". I would tap the blanket and say "blanket" and then tap the floor and say "no no". We listened to Bible stories I downloaded, which was more for Janelle than James. Janelle did well. It took her until Friday to not talk. She did much better today. This week I'm going for six minutes, and I hope to stay consitant. It's like watching a plant grow, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment