"If Psalm 1 is to be believed, we must not allow our children to stand, sit or walk with those who deny biblical truth and morality. Instead, we must place them in situations that will aid them in meditating on the law of the Lord 'day and night.' Surely this involves how and where they are to be educated." — Voddie T. Baucham Jr.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Goals for this year

I was inspired to make a list of goals after reading here. I haven't had much success with goals in the past, but that's probally for a number of reasons. One being that I've never written them down. So here goes nothing (or something I hope).

For Janelle ~

Complete Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. Right now we're on lesson 16.
Reading on a first grade level by the end of the year
Teach 1000 bits of intelligence as outlined here
Counting to 100
Addition and Subtraction to 10
Write first and last name
Know her phone number and address
Complete one cycle through the six days of creation, right now we are on day two.
Memorize one Bible passage a quarter, so four for the year.
Know 200 Dolch sight words
Establish some kind of exercise program

For James ~

Start and work through the Brightly Beaming Toddler curriculum (April launch date)
Complete the Little Reader course curriculum
Complete the math dot program as outlined here
Teach 1000 bits of intelligence (same as above for Janelle)

Thats all I have for right now. I'm sure more will come to me as the year goes on. But if I just accomplish these things, well that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment