"If Psalm 1 is to be believed, we must not allow our children to stand, sit or walk with those who deny biblical truth and morality. Instead, we must place them in situations that will aid them in meditating on the law of the Lord 'day and night.' Surely this involves how and where they are to be educated." — Voddie T. Baucham Jr.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Consistency is the key

So I'm in the middle of week three of my husband taking four classes this semester. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I think one of the things that has really helped me is having a schedule for at least the beginning of the day. I can't believe I've been consistent for THREE WEEKS. Thats incredible to me.  I have been praying that God would help me in this area, and I can see Him answering. Grated I feel like I have a ways to go before I feel like I have a handle on the day. Or maybe thats just wishful thinking. But right now I'm happy where I am on the way to where I'm going.

Since my husband started school this semester we haven't really had a class time. By that I mean a time when we have done any thing in our curriculum. But that is partly because I haven't been very organized. And because I let the morning slip away from me, and by the time we finish blanket time, it's time for lunch. But I hope to get better at organizing my morning. I am still adjusting to my husband leaving earlier which means I have to get up earlier. But so far I have been consistent in following a routine, just need to cut back on how long it takes.

I just started working on an outline for the other categories in my curriculum, and I'm very excited about the ideas God is giving me for my children. I have been reading a daily devotional and Bible reading plan for parents, and this morning the passage was about how God supplied just enough manna for the children of Israel to use for that day. God will meet our needs day by day. He is teaching me to trust Him in my homeschool. That as I commit my way to Him, He will direct my path. Thats so hard to see sometimes when I look at all I could be doing with my kids. But I have to trust that He knows what they need better than I do, and that He will make that clear to me. Like the song says, Oh for grace to trust Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment